[mythtv] RE: Commercial flagging during record

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Sat Mar 1 08:19:30 EST 2003

I've seen commercials here with CC text in them.  Can't cost an advertiser
that much relative to the cost of a commercial and doesn't limit their
audience, so I'm not sure if I would want to rely totally on that if I
were someone.  I could see adding it as an option later.  Right now
the code is setup as a sort of multiple choice for the detection methods,
but maybe in the future when we can do offline scanning then it could
be a group of items that determine whether there's a commercial or not.

> Cool, how much effort do you think it would be to pick up weather subtitles
> are present or not? Then we could skip adverts without having to worry about
> blankframes during the break, this could be used in conjunction with
> blankframes to give exact starttimes.
>
> I'm dreaming of never seeing another coca-cola advert,
> Liam

Chris