[mythtv] Building CVS debs? (not for distribution)

Jason Ramey webmaster at permutation.org
Fri Jul 11 15:36:39 EDT 2003

How difficult is it to package CVS into deb format for my own purposes?
I understand why it's undesirable to distribute these. I want the newer
features of CVS but I would like to maintain the existing directory
structures (/etc/mythtv/, /usr/lib/mythtv/, etc). I've done some
research about it but haven't come up with much. Any pointers or reasons
why this wouldn't be a good idea? Can CVS be installed using the
existing directories without packaging? Thanks in advance.

Jason Ramey
webmaster at permutation.org