[mythtv] No luck with LIRC...

John johnmythtv at crombe.com
Fri Jan 31 23:26:40 EST 2003

Hi Chris,

This is GREAT news.  Someone who's had the problem and solved it.

However, I'm a little too new to Linux to decipher what you said into exact
commands.  You said you "created this device file" (if you look below at my
la you'll see I have /dev/lirc already right)? and then you said "pointing
it to /dev/ttySx".

Exactly what is the syntax you used, and where did it go? /etc/modules.conf
?

Also, do you have Serial support compiled into your kernel, and if so, is it
as a module or built-in?  Finally, could you just attach your modules.conf
file?  That way I (we) can see if you did the alias char-major-61 or what.

Thanks a lot for the help.  I know others will benefit from it too.

JC