[mythtv] patch for mythfilldatabase

Dave Caplinger dent at cox.net
Fri Jan 31 21:26:44 EST 2003

On Thu, 2003-01-30 at 13:47, Matt Zimmerman wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 29, 2003 at 11:25:30PM -0600, Dave Caplinger wrote:
>
> > Nobody else is complaining about this so maybe it's just something odd
> > about my setup, but running current CVS is giving me errors on all of
> > the INSERTs itnto the 'program' table because the timestamp strings
> > aren't enclosed in quotes of some kind.
>
> It should work for them not to be quoted, since they are numeric.  Can you
> paste an example of an insert which failed (the whole query)?

Well I thought this would be no problem at all, so I put the original
file back, recompiled mythfilldatabase, and re-ran it but now I can't
reproduce the original problem!  D'oh!  I was getting emails from the
nightly mythfilldatabase cron jobs where the timestamp in the INSERT
statements was actually a string very similar to the standard UNIX time
format such as output from 'date', but I'm sorry I don't have one around
any more to share.

I didn't re-check out anything from CVS or change my myth box in any way
besides putting the original file back, so I can't explain why it works
all of a sudden.  So I guess since nobody else is seeing this I'll just
forget about it unless it crops up again.

- Dave

--
Dave Caplinger <dent at cox.net>