[mythtv] New Theme in Progress: SasQuatch

Brent Norris brent at biglinux.tccw.wku.edu
Wed Jan 29 21:37:58 EST 2003

Perhaps a suitable answer to both opinions.  My belief is that at some
point it would be nice to have mythtv so that you could muck around with
it and configure it and everything all from inside mythtv.  I think
having the setup in there would go a long way toward accomplishing this.

BUT I understand Isaac's point about it being a config for the backend.
Perhaps the solution is then that via the frontend the settings for the
backends can be manipulated.  The final plan from what I understand is
to have the frontend oblivious to which backend it is pulling from, but
it still has to know about all the backends to do this (most likely
getting this info from the database).  So, have an option for setup
under which is a list of all the backend servers, selecting one runs the
setup program on the backend and exports its display to the frontend
where it can be configured and exited.

As a matter of fact with ssh-keys this might be perfectly do able right
now. Hmmmmmmm..... perhaps I shall look into this...

Brent Norris <brent at linux.wku.edu>