[mythtv] New Theme in Progress: SasQuatch

Stephan Wentz wentz at gmx.de
Wed Jan 29 22:44:00 EST 2003

> It doesn't make any sense for the backend setup to be part of the frontend
> settings.  A frontend doesn't necessarily _have_ a tuner card to configure,
> how's it going to probe inputs, etc?  The frontend(s) don't care about what
> paths you're storing video in, and that's something that will probably be
> different across machines if you have multiple backend boxes.  Etc., etc.,
> etc.

pardon me when i'm wrong, but what about the recording-menu in setup? we're
configuring the backend here, too! things like capture-size, video/audio
codec and quality are also backend things and can be configured here... so
the other options could be changed here, too... maybe in an expert-option?
i had to change my audio-source in the last days several times when i was
playing around with btaudio, and just changed the values directly in the
database, don't know what would speak against a comfortable on-screen-menu to
change these values...

bye, stephan