[mythtv] Leadtek Winfast tv2000 anyone?

Drew Bernat abernat at zathras.net
Thu Jan 23 22:39:34 EST 2003

On Thu, 23 Jan 2003, Ainsley McCall wrote:

> As far as I know, there isn't any good support for reading sound from the
> Leadtek card digitally.  I am not even certain that there is even a chip on
> the card for btaudio to support.  At any rate, I gave up on this avenue.  I
> recommend using the hard line out and capturing the line input in your alsa
> mixer (spacebar and m).  This took me a while to get right for some reason.

Ah, so... well, running the cable does work fine, so I'll stick with that.

> The biggest trick for me was making sure that the IR module was actually
> plugged into the right place.
> You shouldn't need to build lircd with debug on.  Once you do build, notice
> that it tells you which driver to run, lirc_gpio
> add it to modules.conf:

Turned out that it was a matter of pulling down the CVS version of LIRC...
dunno why it was so complicated, but it was. I have the feeling it's one
of the cases where the card invisibly changes chipset or somesuch, with no
external labelling.

> >wierder yet, the remote I have is numbered "Y0400046".
> yeah, same number here, though I didn't find it to be stranger than anything
> else

I ended up making my own config file. It's got mappings for all the
buttons, but some of the buttons overlap, and so there's no way to have
unique responses. A quick check shows that the "full screen" button maps
to "play".

> lol, yeah, I got stuck with public access for testing purposes.  Perhaps
> myth will one day be modified to remember the last channel it was on.

Well, I discovered that the temperature was -2 at noon today. Wow.

Drew

--
Drew Bernat                                                __ ____
abernat at zathras.net                                         |  | |