[mythtv] SB Live! Mixer Settings Problem

Brian Foddy bfoddy at visi.com
Thu Jan 23 15:31:54 EST 2003

On Thu, 23 Jan 2003, Adrian Burden wrote:

> I got it to work by just turning up Line 1, clicking off the Green light
> and then Clicking on the Red Light.
>
> I might have updated it during a Mandrake Update, but it works with my
> SB Live.

I agree that's how it should work.  I've tried it from 2 different
computers with 2 different cards, same Mandrake disks and updates.
Both fail.  I can't explain why it fails with some (at least one other
on this list has had similar probs) and apparently works with others.

In my case, I'd have to do more detailed tests with kmix and alsamixer
but I seem to remember the record volume is always set to 0 when the
play is muted.  As soon as I up the record volume (in alsamixer) it
works.  This is just from memory and I can't test it right now.

Something is strange with kmix, I can't put my finger on it.
My statement about it being "broken" may be a bit strong, but
its a very frunstrating bug when it crops up, and in my case it
incorrectly caused me to think my SB Awe card couldn't do full
duplex sound.

Brian