[mythtv] Error when doing make install

John johnmythtv at crombe.com
Thu Jan 23 03:06:47 EST 2003

Hi,

Mandrake 9, doing the make install and I get this output:

+ exec /sbin/installkernel 2.4.19-jcv3 bzImage /usr/src/linux-2.4.19/System.map ""
'
look like there was a problem, the default vmlinuz version is not the same of the initrd which mean you have a mdk kernel and not a mdk initrd you may go in trouble not adding entry, 2419-jcv3 already exists
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/linux-2.4.19/arch/i386/boot'

This is pretty bad english eh?  Anyway, is it a problem?  These kernels are booting and I'm getting closer to getting my first MythTV 0.7 working but didn't know if the above warning/error is important?  Can someone please explain?

Thx!
John