[mythtv] PVR on the Cheap

Ryan A. Carris rac at racarris.com
Wed Jan 22 21:45:25 EST 2003

See the database of people's systems at:
http://www.goldfish.org/~mcooper/pvrhw/

As I posted a few days ago, I just bought the following from mwave.com:

Asus AVA7N266-VM (Nforce) MB w/ onboard video, sound, nic -$69
AMD Athlon XP1700 -$59
256 MB DDR -$50
ATX Case -$45
Hauppage WinTV-PCI w/ remote -$80
80MB WD HD w/8meg cache -$109

I just got myth working.  it runs great.  CPU usage while watching TV
using 640x480 RTJPG, quallity 255 (highest) = ~60% (needs some more
system tunning).  W/ mpeg4, CPU = ~90%

-rac