[mythtv] Box Processor Limits

Jarret R jarito at lehigh.edu
Mon Jan 20 20:01:01 EST 2003

I was reading the Myth site and was slightly confused by the figures. On the site it says that high quality takes 50-60% of an Athlon 1800+. The TiVo only has a twenty-something megahertz processor in it and it can encode etc without problems. Which process is taking all the CPU time? Is it the encoding scheme used? I decided to build a myth box, and we are trying to figure out if the Duron 650 I have will work or if I should use the Athlon 1100 currently in my extra box. Is the problem when encoding and decoding at the same time?

Sorry for the newbie questions ;)

Thanks,
Jarret Raim-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...