[mythtv] getting 2 distinct X displays to run simultaneously

Mark Musone mmusone at shatterit.com
Mon Jan 20 16:22:29 EST 2003

Just run X _without the +xinerama flag

(have the XF86config setup as if it were using xinerama)

Without using +xinerama on startup, it'll make each display a separate
screen.

So you'll have a display of localhost:0.0 for the first one,
And localhost:0.1 for the second.

That's what I have setup now..it's great.it seperates the monitors but I
only
Need to run one X server...

-Mark