[mythtv] Record now?

Larry Matter mythtv at matter.net
Thu Jan 16 09:00:33 EST 2003

I guess the feasibility of this depends on how the ringbuffer works - can
you tell just by examining the ringbuffer file where you started watching
a particular channel?  If you were surfing and stumbled on "Friends" and
decided to tape it, you only want to copy the portion of the ringbuffer
that is  "Friends".

If you change channels, does the ringbuffer start over from the begining
of the file?  If not, does it indicate that a channel change occured or
does it just basically have a capture of what I've been watching (and,
gosh, what are the privacy implications of that!:-)

And then there is the issue of liveTV settings vs recording settings -
they might be different and how does the code deal with that.

I think it would be a neat feature, but I'm not sure it is that easy.  I
can think of a few more issues but I have to leave for work now :-)

Larry