[mythtv] Re:Marvel G200-TV: Some success

Peter M Schuh pschuh at Stanford.EDU
Tue Jan 14 11:25:28 EST 2003

James-

I've had the same problem with the G200 hardware compression.  I'm
convinced that I'm doing something stupid with the drivers or xawtv.
There's a howto for a matrox g450 install--did you read that?  What
drivers/patches are you using?

The software mode works fine on my machine (1.7GHz celeron).  I have been
using RTJPEG, quality 170, 320x240 with uncompressed 410000 audio and the
mythbackend CPU load is around 60%(frontend is around 10%) when watching
live TV.

Peter