[mythtv] seperating backend/frontend

Grant Taylor mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Tue Jan 14 00:41:40 EST 2003

> It appears the problem here not that LIRC doesn't support network
> transparency, but instead that the IR receiver can only be plugged into
> the caputer card which is in a remote location. If the IR receiver was

Doh - IR!  I was thinking it was one of the RF remotes, like I used to
have plugged into a random nearby computer in the next room...

Anywho, there's a 95% chance the dongle uses a serialish connection.
You should be able to lop off the connector and intersperse the usual
cat5/rj45 cabling.  Try it and see; if it doesn't work you can always
bail and buy an IR repeater or tuner-agnostic IR receiver.

--
Grant Taylor - gtaylor@picante.com - http://www.picante.com/~gtaylor/
  Linux Printing Website and HOWTO:  http://www.linuxprinting.org/