[mythtv] Speeding up MythWeather

John Danner mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Sun Jan 12 19:13:20 EST 2003

I haven't noticed MSNBC being slow to return the weather. You may be seeing a
connection timeout from time to time - which will add in a delay upon startup.

Downloading the weather from MSNBC every 10 minutes is pointless for several
reasons. The weather isn't updated but once or twice an hour, and why download
data that you aren't even going to use or see? It just adds burden on their
system which makes it slower for everyone.

-John

On Sun, 12 Jan 2003 09:55:24 -0600, Nathan Ziarek wrote