[mythtv] pcm audio control while recording

Kevin Bowen mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Mon Jan 6 18:49:42 EST 2003

>No, I didn't say I was having problems hearing audio at any time, the issue
>is being able to play mutltiple pcm streams while being able to mute one.
Perhaps I'm not understanding your problem.... if you're recording a show
(and not watching it as it records) you should not be hearing any audio, so
there should be nothing to mute. The control names I listed are for
alsamixer, though it sounds like you probably are still using OSS... that
shouldnt be a problem AFAIK, the control names I listed will just be
different, though it sounds like you probably have it set right. DO you hear
audio while recording (but not watching live) in myth? or am I
misunderstanding you?

If you just mean you want a way to mute myth while its playing back video
(either live or prerecorded) without muting PCM out so that you can hear
XMMS, then no, theres no way to do that in the mixer - someone would have to
implement a mute function in myth... though I really don't see the point -
why would you want video to be playing back, muted?