[mythtv] pcm audio control while recording

Chuck Wolber mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Mon Jan 6 04:19:30 EST 2003

> volume - ostensibly the master volume but has no impact on the rear speakers
> pcm - I use this for volume control in mythtv and xmms
> speaker - don't use
> line - this controls the volume for xawtv, for myth, I normally have playback
> muted, and record selected
> mic - obvious
> cd - can't remember what's hooked up to this, don't think anything is
> lgain - controls volume in myth, if turned up more than say 20%, it results
> in distorted audio as controlled by the pcm slider
> ogain - this controls the volume on my rear speakers for most stuff and stops
> the rear speaker live audio when I am watching tv in myth. If I shut down
> mythtv and mythfrontend and then play a cd, I still get tv tuner audio out of
> the rear speakers unless I remove and reload the bttv drivers. If I mute
> this,  that goes away but then I don't hear my music from the rear speakers
> :-(
> line1 - can't remember what this does, but it's important at some times ;-)
> digital1 - controls volume for cdrom (plugged into aux on sound card)
> phonein - never used
> phoneout - never used
> video - never used
>
> So.... no I don't have any feedback issues and never have.

On my setup, I cannot record audio unless Line1 is set to R instead of P
and IGain is set to a nonzero value. Like you, I have noticed distortion
occur above 20%.

-Chuck

--
 Quantum Linux Laboratories - ACCELERATING Business with Linux Technology
   * Education			|

"Those who don't understand UNIX are condemned to reinvent it, poorly."
			-- Henry Spencer