[mythtv] Hardware configuration

Chuck Wolber mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Mon Jan 6 04:13:30 EST 2003

> The reason we mentioned the MJPEG encoder is because it takes load off
> the CPU by encoding in hardware.. Things like that are the reason the
> TiVo has such a small CPU..

I always wondered, how is it that the system takes advantage of an MJPEG
encoder card/chip if you haven't compiled you application to take
advantage of it? Is it the codec itself that takes advantage of the card?

-Chuck

--
 Quantum Linux Laboratories - ACCELERATING Business with Linux Technology
   * Education			|

"Those who don't understand UNIX are condemned to reinvent it, poorly."
			-- Henry Spencer