[mythtv] Re: Myth .nuv MPEG4 format portability

Michael Cook foobarsoft at foobarsoft.com
Thu Feb 27 15:38:38 EST 2003

Well my little MythTV box isn't too fast. It really can't handle
watching live TV very well, but it's great for recording shows to watch
later. Your first note might be valid for most people, but I record at
320x240, so it's not noticeable to me. As for the second note, a 1 hour
show went from 1 gig in the .nuv format to ~400 megs in divx. I consider
what I'm doing a bit of a hack for now. I figure someone will,
eventually, make a little program for MythTV where I can pop in a CD-R
or DVD-R(whatever), press a button, and I get a VCD or DVD a little
later.

As for the question of if I lose the audio sync, I don't know, I haven't
gotten to watch the file I made yet because I've been busy. I only
watched a few seconds to see if it would even play, which it did.