[mythtv] Correct way to write out to the settings table?

Drew Whittle drew at lug.net.nz
Sun Feb 23 01:18:00 EST 2003

On Sat, 2003-02-22 at 03:09, Drew Whittle wrote:
> On Sat, 2003-02-22 at 02:47, Matt Zimmerman wrote:
>
> > ThemeSelector theme;
> > theme.setValue(themename);
> > theme.save(db);
> >
> > should work.

Confusion rains surpreme here, I have my doubts this is what I want,
(please remember I'm only learning) what I want to do is take the value
I have in "themename" and store it in the db as the theme that is used,
no user interaction, no gui stuff, just save it.

As you can see from my previous post I am just doing a db-exec with an
UPDATE statement, but I figure there must be a nicer way to do it.

I've tried to use what has been suggested and I have come to the
conclusion that this is some sort of GUI stuff.

Am I totally confused, barking up the wrong tree? Should I just stay
with my db->exec code?

Sorry to be a pest,

:D

--