[mythtv] Volume problem with remote...

JC johnmythtv at crombe.com
Sat Feb 22 06:33:19 EST 2003

Hi,

Installed tonight's CVS (the latest one around midnight eastern US), and it
works great.  One problem though...  You know how the "[ ] |" keys are
mapped to vol -/+/mute?  Well, I can't get them to work from my remote.

I modified my .lircrc to add this:

begin
    prog = irxevent
    button = vol+
    config = Key ] CurrentWindow
end

begin
    prog = irxevent
    button = vol-
    config = Key [ CurrentWindow
end

begin
    prog = irxevent
    button = mute
    config = Key | CurrentWindow
end

but every time I press those keys on the remote, I now get the key 5 coming
out!  I experimented and tried using different keys like ryu and those come
out fine, but basically any non-alphabetic and non-numeric keys all generate
"5"!  Doesn't matter which button I use, if I set the "Key" to something
besides a-z, 0-9 I get the "5" key out.

So, I hunted down where the []| are defined and modified tv_play.cpp to use
r/y/u instead (I think those are available) and now it works fine but what a
yucky kluge!  Oh, it's a Creative Infra Receiver and matching remote, FYIW.
If anyone has any ideas, let me know and I'll try them.  If not, no real
biggie as I'm dumping this for a different remote (TiVo), but others who
have this remote (and a know a few users do) will be in trouble too.  Maybe
we can support 3 duplicate plain alpha keys for compatibility?

Thanks,
JC