[mythtv] motherboard advice sought

Chris Lack ixion at linuxpusher.com
Tue Feb 4 16:15:27 EST 2003

On Tuesday 04 February 2003 03:28 pm, Patrick Landry wrote:
> Anyone want to give me a comment on this motherboard
> bundle?
<snip>

> Shuttle AK32A Socket A Motherboard with AMD Athlon XP
> 2000+
<snip>

I own one shuttle motherboard and based on it's performance probably won't own
another.  The problem is I have a duron 1ghz processor that clocked up to and
ran with stability at 1.3ghz in an aopen motherboard (another kt266a) that
will only run at 1.1ghz in the shuttle board.  I also have a 1.3ghz duron
that won't even run with any stability installed in the shuttle board.
Despite it having a kt266a chipset, it seems my particular shuttle board tops
out at somewhere around 1.1ghz due to flaky capicitors or some such.