[mythtv] Picture controls: V4L vs. Xv

Joseph A. Caputo jcaputo1 at comcast.net
Thu Dec 11 19:51:55 EST 2003

On Thursday 11 December 2003 19:21, Ben Levitt wrote:
> --- "Joseph A. Caputo" <jcaputo1 at comcast.net> wrote:
> > I've started working on a patch to make the V4L
> > picture controls use the same
> > type of interface as the Xv picture controls.  Aside
> > from achieving
> > consistency in the interface, it will have the added
> > benefit of decreasing
> > the number of keybindings needed.
> >
> > Before I continue, would this be accepted?
> >
> > -JAC
> >
> Cool.  Are you planning to use a seperate key (not f)
> to bring up and cycle through the V4L controls?
>
> I imagine that people will not need to mess with the
> V4L controls very often, so I think that keeping them
> in a seperate rotation from the Xv controls is
> probably a good thing.  I think that keeping them
> seperate would also cut down on confusion between the
> two sets of controls.
>
> Ben

Yes, I figured one key for Xv, and a different key for V4L.  Right now V4L
needs 8 keys (2 each for brightness, contrast, color & hue).  With this
approach it would only require 1 key (to cycle through the options; +/- is
handled by the already-mapped arrows keys, as in Xv).  So this would be a net
reduction of 7 keys!

-JAC