[mythtv] Mythfrontend seg fault with "instant record"

John Pullan jmp at tarantella.com
Thu Aug 21 01:19:41 EDT 2003

<Disclaimer : I'm new to the mythtv code base >

Hmmm, not quite as straight forward as I thought :-| What seems to be
happening is that the state machine is going through extra phases, (has
this changed recently?), The states are :

Changing from None to WatchingLiveTV
Changing from WatchingLiveTV to None
Changing from None to RecordingOnly

while in the None state, the refreshTimout() happens and goes bang in
the GetChannelInfo() call as the activerecorder is set to NULL

So now I have a couple of questions

1) How is this interface meant to work ? When you hit start is it meant
to continue showing the TV or just go into record mode. (It just seems
to lock up)
2) Has the state machine changed ?
3) Is it possible to put into Record and Watch mode ?

Thanks for any feedback