[mythtv] DVB todo list (was: DVB & mythchannels)

Mon Aug 18 12:33:59 EDT 2003

> >the time taken with DVB seems to be the time taken under analogue PLUS the time taken to retune the DVB.
> >
> I see, so the MythTV DVB code does not seem to be the (main) culprit?
> Good :-).

I don't have any benchmarks, but I have no reason to think so.  I think it is a combination of DVB channel change time, plus the relatively long period of time it takes myth to buffer up some stuff and get going.  (Personally I think it is too slow for livetv viewing as it stands though.  Something like 3-4 secs to change channel.  Makes a good video recorder though)

I might be comparing apples and oranges though.  For example does the PVR250 have instant channel changes?

> >especially when the channel is on the same mux anyway...
> >
> *That* can be speeded up with fairly trivial changes.

That would be very interesting!  Are you thinking about something for when use_ts=1 or more generally to tweak the DVB driver?

What is your "dvb status" btw?  Are you still waiting on your building to add cabling, etc?