[mythtv] transcoding with cutlist

Martin Moeller martin at martinm-76.dk
Thu Aug 14 23:42:15 EDT 2003

tor, 2003-08-14 kl. 22:03 skrev Chris Petersen:
> > Well, I have transcoded 3 shows now. Only the last one had commercials
> > in it (and just one block). Looking at the original in MythTV and the
> > resulting avi (this is a cartoon, so the amount of lipsynch you can
> > count on is, well, questionable) both looked about the same.
>
> which format were you transcoding to?
I'm transcoding from and to MPEG4 via RAW through mythtranscode.

> At the moment, I'm having trouble getting mplayer to play ANY of my nuv
> files without sync problems, so if I could get the raw output from the
> transcoder into something I can spit to mpeg2enc, that would be awesome.
Is mpeg2enc superior to vcodec=mpeg1video in mencoder? As far as I know
neither are able to encode MPEG2 streams...

> anyone have a link to mplayer cvs rpm's?
Not sure what there may be of such things but you're usually better off
compiling it yourself anyway. If you don't, you won't get all the
speedups you could. The only thing you must remember is that when
compiling from CVS you need both mplayer CVS and ffmpeg CVS and you must
copy libavcodec from ffmpeg CVS to the mplayer CVS tree. At least that's
what works for me.

Anyway, if you really want a CVS RPM I can create one for you and put it
up on my website...

--
Martin Moeller <martin at martinm-76.dk>