[mythtv] mythvideo suggestions

Martin Moeller martin at martinm-76.dk
Wed Apr 30 23:47:03 EDT 2003

Hi again,

  I might as well start off saying that my knowledge of C/C++
programming is virtually non-existant and so implementing the features
I'm about to suggest would probably take me at least 6 months, nose in
book. That said, here are my suggestions, if anyone feels it could be
interesting as well:

1) I see that mythvideo has the beginnings of the same layout that
Watch/Delete records have. I wonder how hard it could be to make the
split where in stead of titles you would have directories as left
'frame' and files in the right 'frame'.
2) Possibly, you could preview the selected file like Watch/Delete does.
I guess it's a matter of drawing an area and instructing mplayer to use
that as its output area... Aha! : -geometry x[%][:y[%]] or [WxH][+x+y]
seems to be the magic that is needed, combined with -nosound... except
in the case of xv, x11 and SDL it apparently ignores the size due to the
scale filter not being compatible... Grr...

Maybe someone else can get the desired result from it.
Apparently, in the last mythvideo build I have (one or two days old),
the order of the files are reversed, leaving 'a' at the bottom? That
seems a little odd..

That's it for now, hope someone can see what I'm hinting at and actually
*do* some of it ;)

/Martin.

--
Martin Moeller <martin at martinm-76.dk>