[mythtv] Additional key bindings

Isaac Richards mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Sun, 29 Sep 2002 01:08:53 -0400

On Saturday 28 September 2002 09:53 pm, Matt Zimmerman wrote:
> I have a remote control with rewind, forward, play, pause, etc. buttons,
> which is set up to generate keysyms from XF86keysym.h (XF86XK_AudioPlay,
> etc.).
>
> I don't know much about Qt, but it appears that its keybindings are not
> directly to keysyms, but constants from the Key enumeration in
> qnamespace.h. Is there any way to set up bindings for these keys, other
> than mapping them to other keysyms? (this is undesirable because they are
> used by other applications)

Doesn't look like Qt 3.0.5 knows about those keysyms, but I just checked out
the 3.1 beta that was released recently, and it does.  So, should be
supported whenever that's out and in use.  I'm not sure if it's possible to
add support to them to 3.0.5 programmatically, though.

As for the Xv stuff, muck around in libs/libNuppelVideo/XJ.cpp, which is where
it does all that.  I just use what works for me, really =)

Isaac