[mythtv] Badly encoded rtjpeg stream

Chris Liscio mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Tue, 26 Nov 2002 14:23:50 -0500

> > True, but current releases aren't exactly bug free either.  But
> if you are
> > trying to compile binaries optimized for newer chips, then one would be
> > encouraged to use newer releases (gcc 3.2 vs 2.95).
>
> The 2.95 stuff is, if not bug-free, at least mature.  What bugs it has are
> relatively well-known.  I have nothing against working with gcc 3.2, and
> trying out the new CPU optimizations which are not available in
> 2.95, but I
> don't see any significant obstacle to users doing that today.

In fact, us Mandrake users get gcc 3.2 "for free" with our v9 installations,
and other than my own moaning about oddities likely caused by user-error
(read: stupidity), things seem to be running smoothly.

That should give us some indication that things are going somewhat normally
when mythTV and gcc 3.2 are teamed up.

Cheers,
Chris