[mythtv] Input video fine-tuning

Chris Liscio mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Tue, 26 Nov 2002 08:26:28 -0500

Wow.  Colour me uninformed, yet again.

It turns out that the *expletive* UI in the *expletive* xawtv settings panel
has an interesting way to change the values.  Clicking the left mouse button
when at the left side of the slider, you get 1% increments.  On the right
side, it is in upwards of 10%.

Really strange, if you ask me.  :)

Cheers,
Chris

-----Original Message-----
From: mythtv-dev-admin@snowman.net
[mailto:mythtv-dev-admin@snowman.net]On Behalf Of Chris Liscio
Sent: Monday, November 25, 2002 8:19 PM
To: mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Subject: [mythtv] Input video fine-tuning

Hey everyone,

I was wondering if anyone here knows how I can go about mucking with the v4l
contrast/brightness/etc in a much more finetuned manner than what xawtv
allows me to do.  It seems that things like contrast in particular actually
have jumps that are way too unmanageable to handle (i.e. it's either too
low, or too high, and I can't select in between).

Any help would be appreciated.  Would this be put into a settings plugin
somehow so that we can modify this sort of thing right from mythTV?  The
video just seems way too dull for my liking right now, and I'd really like
to fix it.

Thanks,

Chris