[mythtv] Question about hardware MJPEG

Chris Liscio mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Mon, 25 Nov 2002 20:58:18 -0500

How are you guys with the MJPEG hardware using mythTV currently?  Is it part
of a digital cable/satellite setup, or is the hardware MJPEG card able to be
used for offloading the compression process without using the inputs/outputs
on the MJPEG hardware.  If you are using the inputs/outputs, is the OSD
coming up on the output stream??

I had an IOMega Buz and a miroVideo DC30+ card laying around here for the
longest time, but didn't see any use in either of them until now.  If I can
just utilize the cards for offloading the MJPEG process, that would be very
useful to test out.  I have some friends who are interested in the mythTV
idea, but I keep getting laughed at when I mention it requires something in
the P42000 range to run... ;)

Any info about your setups would be great.  It would also be neat if we
could potentially go out and find a hardware MPEG2 or MPEG4
compression/decompression board that we could muck around with.  I *am* a
device driver programmer by trade... ;)

Cheers,
Chris