[mythtv] RE: problem watching recording in progress and recording new programs

Mark Naudain mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Fri, 22 Nov 2002 15:14:27 -0800 (PST)

Matt,
fuser didn't provide any causes, but my troubleshooting finally
provided and anwer. Thanks for the help, anyway.

I finally figured out my problem with recording.
I am using a perl script to control my satellite box via serial port.
Using this program to switch channels seemed to cause a few glitches in
the sound/video when switching channels viewing "live" tv, so I made
the program run detached with "&" from the script I was calling.
I took out the & from the script and all is well again.

Thanks,
Mark