[mythtv] Matrox G400 + Rainbow Runner

Ray mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Fri, 22 Nov 2002 13:17:20 -0700

On Fri, Nov 22, 2002 at 03:03:55PM -0500, Isaac Richards wrote:
> On Friday 22 November 2002 02:32 pm, Ray wrote:
> > This part I don't quite understand.  Selecting inputs should work just like
> > with the BT8XX based cards doesn't it?  Myth does seem to get this right
> > when using rtjpeg & mpeg4.  Also even with hardware-mjpeg enabled and
> > watching live tv it still switches inputs using the "c" key.
>
> Yeah, but there's some extra settings in the mjpeg ioctls that seem to mirror
> those as well that seem to need to be set to capture properly.  I dunno,
> that's just how it seemed to work for me.
>
> > Just as a test I captured some clips with the mjpeg tools, 1 at decimation
> > 1 and 1 at decimation 2.  Mplayer can play back the decimation 2 clip using
> > around 20% of one cpu on my dual Celeron 500 box but the decimation 1 clip
> > is at 90%+ and having problems.  Any chance decimation levels will be
> > supported?
>
> Yeah, you set the resolution of the hardware stuff using the different
> decimation levels, from what I understand at least.

That's what I thought but what's been confusing me is that for some reason
captures with mjpeg tools at decimation 2 look much better than the software
compression at medium resolutions.  I guess I should try some short raw
(neither software or hardware compression) captures and see what happens.

--
Ray