[mythtv] Matrox G400 + Rainbow Runner

Isaac Richards mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Fri, 22 Nov 2002 15:03:55 -0500

On Friday 22 November 2002 02:32 pm, Ray wrote:
> This part I don't quite understand.  Selecting inputs should work just like
> with the BT8XX based cards doesn't it?  Myth does seem to get this right
> when using rtjpeg & mpeg4.  Also even with hardware-mjpeg enabled and
> watching live tv it still switches inputs using the "c" key.

Yeah, but there's some extra settings in the mjpeg ioctls that seem to mirror
those as well that seem to need to be set to capture properly.  I dunno,
that's just how it seemed to work for me.

> Just as a test I captured some clips with the mjpeg tools, 1 at decimation
> 1 and 1 at decimation 2.  Mplayer can play back the decimation 2 clip using
> around 20% of one cpu on my dual Celeron 500 box but the decimation 1 clip
> is at 90%+ and having problems.  Any chance decimation levels will be
> supported?

Yeah, you set the resolution of the hardware stuff using the different
decimation levels, from what I understand at least.

Isaac