[mythtv] New user

Wes Biggs mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Wed, 20 Nov 2002 18:04:35 -0800

So I'm going to take the plunge and build a MythTV box for a Christmas
project, er, present, and given that the only spare hardware I've got
lying around was bought sometime in the last millenium, I'm planning to
go to the local computer fair and get a new rig.  My plan is your
typical "media center" machine, headless except for the TV out, with one
or two big fat hard drives for TV and music.

It sounds like many posters here have had good luck with Athlon 1800s so
I may go that route.  Anyone have any preferences they'd like to share
for MoBos?

Also, is the Hauppage WinTV the best value card out there, or is there
something else from ATI that's good?

Apologies for the newbie questions, but consider mine a mind to be molded.

And, out of curiosity, what's the highest quality setting (resolution)
that MythTV will try to record at?

I'm totally blown away by the screenshots... props to Isaac and everyone
else who has worked on this thing.

Wes