[mythtv] Machine hangs on channel-switching with MythTV

Erik Arendse mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Mon, 18 Nov 2002 10:33:13 +0100

Hi Everyone,

After a few weeks trying and reading this list I still have not solved my
problem: MythTV hangs on all channelchanges.

Xawtv works like a dream, and the source for channelswitching itself is
functionally equal in both xawtv and mythtv.

At the moment I am busy building a system from scratch and source, starting
with the CRUX distribution, to avoid having everything and the kitchensink
hanging around as with the big distributions. At least my frequent reboots
will be quicker this way :-)

Any pointers for the hanging problem? I stopped developing for MythTV as
the rebooting was getting boring and I just waited for new releases of the
BTTV or ALSA driver to solve my problem (quite sure my problem lies in that
direction). And without channelswitching: the main menu, the EPG (without
selecting a channel) and timeshifting on a the channel active when mythTV
was started is about all you can do...

Erik