[mythtv] Myth in europe

Christian mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Mon, 18 Nov 2002 23:02:22 +0000

Hi thread,

I'm trying to make mythtv work.
I have xawtv,mythmusic and mythfrontend working
But as soon as I try to see live video myth freezes.
If i use gdb and step, it doesn't freezes but doesn't work better.
I didn't fill the channel with the usual procedure because I live in belgium
so, us,de,uk channels won't work here.

So my questions are :

How can I create all the channel,cardinput,... data manually to check simple
live tv ?

Is there a description of all the data held in the database to allow a poor
programmer like me to understand its structure ?

What I'd like to do is a simple editor for live tv channels. That way one
would not need to use xmltv at first to use mythtv.
Later I'd like to add european channel info from "www.eurotv.com" so that
europe is covered.

Thank you all in advance.

Christian