[mythtv] [Patch] Improved patch to setup main.cpp

Isaac Richards mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Mon, 18 Nov 2002 17:46:03 -0500

On Monday 18 November 2002 05:27 pm, Dan Schwarz wrote:
> This patch is inclusive of the patch sent earlier today, and obsoletes
> that patch. Now it checks if you are running tv_grab_de, tv_grab_uk, or
> tv_grab_sn, and it prompts you to run mythfilldatabase --manual if and
> only if that is the case.  Users running tv_grab_na are simply prompted
> to run mythfilldatabase without the manual flag.
>
> I skimmed over that text first time I read it and ended up doing a lot
> of needless manual data entry.  To compensate for a careless user, make
> the code more careful :-)
>
> At this point the code knows which options to use with mythfilldatabase,
> so should it just run it with the proper options as a final step? (as we
> do with tv_grab_xx earlier in setup) I didn't implement that feature,
> but it's easily done.

Thanks for the patch, I'll get it applied tonight.  As for running
filldatabase automatically, I'd just rather not have it do that..  If the
user has to do it themselves, then they know what command to run in the
future.  If setup does it for them, then they're likely to miss that =)

Isaac