[mythtv] dual tv cards - modules.conf

Isaac Richards mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Sat, 16 Nov 2002 17:20:33 -0500

On Saturday 16 November 2002 04:19 pm, Emil Friis wrote:
> > Does the PiP display show up, or anything else
> > happen?
>
> The only thing that happens is MythTV not accepting any
> more key presses. TV keeps playing just fine but I
> can't exit out of MythTV unless I ctrl+alt+? to a
> different console and kill the process.

Know anything about gdb?  It sounds like one of the processes is getting
stopped up -- can you recompile for debugging (editing settings.pro,
remaking), run mythtv in gdb and hit ctl-c once it hangs like that..  send me
the output of 'bt' and 'info threads'.  Other thing to do would be to stick
some debugging statements in libs/libmythtv/tv.cpp:TV::TogglePIPView() to see
how far along it gets..  Most likely, its hanging waiting for either the
recording process or the playback to get started.

> > It automatically sets the
> > video recording size for the PiP display to 160x128,
> > so that may be causing
> > problems if your card can't do that..
>
> What would be the best way of figuring out if my card
> supports that resolution? And where can I change the
> resolution?

I dunno -- changing the capture resolution in xawtv ('slong as you're using
grabdisplay, and not overlay mode) might be easiest to see..  The PiP
resolution's hardcoded in libs/libmythtv/tv.cpp, though.

Isaac