[mythtv] dual tv cards - modules.conf

Emil Friis mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Sat, 16 Nov 2002 15:23:25 -0800 (PST)

On Sat, 16 Nov 2002 15:10:26 -0800 (PST), Isaac Richards
wrote:

> Know anything about gdb?  It sounds like one of the
> processes is getting
> stopped up -- can you recompile for debugging (editing
> settings.pro,
> remaking), run mythtv in gdb and hit ctl-c once it hangs
> like that..  send me
> the output of 'bt' and 'info threads'.

Well, I didn't know anything about it but I guess now I know
enough to run a program through it. This is what I got once
I pressed V:

[New Thread 9226 (LWP 26799)]
VIDIOSYNC1: Interrupted system call
only read 2048 from 4096 bytes from '/dev/dsp'
read audio: Interrupted system call

After this point it doesn't matter what key I press. It
could look like there actually is something messed up with
the audio. When I ran setup I associated both cards with
'/dev/dsp' even though I have the cards hooked up to
different soundcards.

> Other thing to do would be to stick
> some debugging statements in
> libs/libmythtv/tv.cpp:TV::TogglePIPView() to see
> how far along it gets..  Most likely, its hanging waiting
> for either the
> recording process or the playback to get started.

I guess this is the next thing I'll try if you think it's
necessary based on info above.

> > What would be the best way of figuring out if my card
> > supports that resolution? And where can I change the
> > resolution?
>
> I dunno -- changing the capture resolution in xawtv ('slong
> as you're using grabdisplay, and not overlay mode) might
> be easiest to see..

I tried to change the capture resolution in settings.txt and
that worked fine.