[mythtv] Couple Newbie Questions

Martyn Weber mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Sat, 16 Nov 2002 02:06:30 +0100

On Friday 15 November 2002 18:45, you wrote:

> > Its what I plan to use once I have cracked
> > the STB channel change problem.
>
> OK, I must have missed something along the way.  A lot of people are
> talking about STB.  What is it?!
STB Set Top Box

In my case its an NTL digital cable box made by Pace, and a lot  of people
have had problems with NTL and TELEWEST STBs as they use a modified irda
protocol. After asking around it is possible that my box, a Di4000 may also
support standard remote codes inaddition to the irda ones but I have yet to
get it to work. The model I have has no serial port so I cant control it via
that, has to be via an IR blaster type device.

Thanks

Martyn