[mythtv] Couple Newbie Questions

Jeremy Oddo mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Mon, 11 Nov 2002 12:24:12 -0800 (PST)

Grand Newbie back again with a couple simple [multi-part] questions :)

1.  Under mythfrontend, I don't have anything under the Setup option.
Perhaps I missed something in the docs explaining this, or perhaps I
goofed the install.  What, if anything, is under "setup" from the
mythfrontend?

2.  I've been having no luck with getting 'mythtv' working.  Many people
believe it to be an audio problem.  So, I need to get alsa.  Does anyone
have any points, suggestions, etc. for getting alsa up and running?  Also,
how can I tell if it _or_any_other_audio_app_ has taken control of my
/dev/dsp?  I've been told I need to kill anything that has control over
/dev/dsp, but I don't know where to look!

Thanks!
Jeremy