[mythtv] newbie, haven't even compiled yet...

Andrew C. Ohnstad mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Tue, 23 Jul 2002 10:02:45 -0700 (PDT)

Greetings,

I'm working on a PVR type system for my home theater.
I'll be working on this after I get back from a trip
next week, but I thought I'd throw out this question
first...

My theater uses a front projector with a VGA input.
As such I have the output of my computer's video card
hooked up to the projector for an approx 9 foot wide
computer screen.  :)  (You can see pictures at
http://www.geekess.org/theater/ )

Will Mythtv output via regular VGA?  Does it run over
X?  Can it be completley fullscreened (no title bar,
menu bar, etc.)

Also, consider a feature request...  I'll be using
this product with a DirectTV satelite reciever.  If
Myth could TRANSMIT IR codes via a serial port
connected IR flasher to change channels for recording
and watching that would be incredible.  So far I have
only found one product that does that (closed source
for windows, $$$, and only works with UK tv listings:(

Great job so far, though... looking forward to testing.