[mythtv] hardware questions

John Steele mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Tue, 31 Dec 2002 13:12:05 -0500 (EST)

> The file sizes are definately going to be larger than mpeg4 at similar
> resolutions but the quality seems pretty darn good.  You also need a
> reasonably hefty cpu to decode full resolution mjpeg in real time
> (although there may be some optomizations to be done with the decoding
> sw).  TV-Out was a pain to set up but I'm reasonably happy with it now.
>
> --
> Ray

Ray,  What drivers are required just for hardware encoding?  I am trying
to get a Marvel G200TV setup and I cannot seem to get the full driver
(mgavideo) working.  My setup includes an onboard TV-Out which I am
pleased with so I just want to use the G200 for capture, but from what I
have read the card is not being initilized correctly.  I have tried
video=matrox:init but I cannot seem to get the drivers loaded correctly,
do you have any words of wisdom?
John