[mythtv] Window manager (program guide not getting focus)

Ray mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Fri, 27 Dec 2002 14:49:22 -0700

On Fri, Dec 27, 2002 at 09:35:19AM -0800, Kevin Bowen wrote:
> For as long as I've been experimenting with Myth, I've been having the
> problem of the EPG not being visible (it comes up in another window and
> grabs the input focus, but it doesn't overlay on the viewer... I had heard
> this mentioned on the list before and the answer given was to not use myth
> under gnome or KDE, to instead use a more lightweight window manager like
> FVWM...

I've been using Myth with KDE for a while and havn't seen this problem
except once and logging out and back in again fixed it.  With FVWM I did
have this problem and I had to make these changes to my fvwm2rc:

#Style "FvwmPager"   Sticky, StaysOnTop, Handles, HandleWidth 5
Style "FvwmPager"   Sticky, Handles, HandleWidth 5
Style "*" ClickToFocus

--
Ray