[mythtv-users] find_orphans.py script doesn't delete anything

Phill Edwards philledwards at gmail.com
Thu Mar 14 02:31:26 UTC 2024

> I just had a hunt around on my development box and found the program I
> wrote for someone last year that had a similar problem.  Unlike
> find-orphans.py, it uses the Services API to do the deletes, so it may
> possibly work better for you.  But it was only tested on v32, so I do
> not know if it will work on v31.  It can be downloaded from here:
>
> http://www.jsw.gen.nz/mythtv/myth-delete-missing.py
>
> Note that the "drc" command is not working, but you probably only want
> the "d" command anyway.

Hi Stephen, it seems to run OK on V31. It lists hundreds of recordings and
then says:
  Proceed with deletions (y/N) ?

When I enter Y it looks like it's deleting things. But if I then run it
again afterwards for a second time it lists the same recordings and asks me
if I want to proceed again. That makes me think it didn't actually delete
anything. Am I misunderstanding how it works?

BTW it also stops with an error:
  Exception while trying to delete recording recordedid=4216