[mythtv-users] find_orphans.py script doesn't delete anything

Leo Butler leo.butler81 at googlemail.com
Mon Mar 11 16:55:05 UTC 2024

On Tue, Mar 12 2024, Stephen Worthington <stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz> wrote:

> On Mon, 11 Mar 2024 20:29:25 +1100, you wrote:
>

>>> MythTV version are you running?
>>>
>>> There are pre and post v31 versions of that script.  Are you running the
>>> right one?
>>>
>>> I'm no programmer but I'd be having a look at the script and maybe adding
>>> a print statement or two.
>>>

>>I'm running v31.
>>
>>Can I just delete the recordings from the database easily?
>
> If you are going to be deleting all recordings in the database, then
> you can just add them all to a playlist and then delete the entire
> playlist.  But I am not sure if playlist deleting works when the
> recording file is missing, as I have never done that.

I would recommend this option, with one cavaet.

I know from experience that on v32 (and lower), the orphaned entries
stay in the "deleted" list until the backed can find a file to delete.

Since thee non-existent files names end up in the backend logfile, a
simple script can finds the filenames and touch the files. The next time
the backend does its deletions, the files are deleted and the recordings
are removed from the deleted list.

Leo