[mythtv-users] find_orphans.py script doesn't delete anything

Greg gregl at nycap.rr.com
Mon Mar 11 15:56:01 UTC 2024

On 3/11/24 00:23, Phill Edwards wrote:
> I had some sort of disk crash and all my recording files have gone.
> But that's OK I didn't need them. However, it means I now have
> thousands of records in the database that don't have a matching
> recording file on disk.
>
> I thought I could clean that up with find_orphans.py but it doesn't
> delete anything. It lists recording and I enter "1" for Delete
> orphaned recording entries and confirm 'yes'. It then thinks for a
> couple of minutes and then says it couldn't delete one of the
> recordings. It then just presents the same recordings list again. And
> this goes on forever.
>
> Am I doing something wrong? Is there another way I can delete all
> the database recording values without using this script (and without
> manually doing it in Mythweb)?
>
> Regards,
> Phill

This is the way I do it,it's not very elegant,but does work.

#1 Go to watch recordings.

#2 High-lite the entry you want to delete.

#3 Hit D, you will be presented with 3 options,choose the option you
would like to do. Continue to the end of the recording list.

It can be quite tedious,but you won't corrupt the database.

This step is optional: After you are done deleting all the listings, go
to System Status,look for Auto-expire list. It will list all the
recordings you just deleted. Cursor left and high-lite the entry and hit
enter..

Hope this helps.

Greg