[mythtv-users] DVB support and HDHomeRun tuners?

Hika van den Hoven hikavdh at gmail.com
Fri Mar 8 21:35:32 UTC 2024

Hoi Tom,

> On Fri, Mar 8, 2024 at 4:04 PM Tom Dexter
> <digitalaudiorock at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> On Thu, Mar 7, 2024 at 6:43 PM Hika van den Hoven <hikavdh at gmail.com> wrote:
>> >
>> > Hoi Tom,
>> >
>> > As to your ebuild, I would appreciate it anyway, just as an example to
>> > get ideas on when I want to create one for myself.
>> >
>> > Tot mails,
>> >   Hika                            mailto:hikavdh at gmail.com
>> >

>> I could probably put together everything involved in that ebuild.
>> Unless you're looking specifically for an ebuild for 29.1 the current
>> ebuild in portage is almost surely much better. For example, some of
>> the patches I have are to get rid of the old QtWebEngine
>> requirement...and that's been gone for a while. I've also chopped out
>> the entire python piece, as 29.1 is totally incompatible with python3,
>>
>> Also note that it needs another patch that I have NOT done to compile
>> with the newer media-gfx/exiv2-0.28 versions. So far I've just run the
>> old 0.27 version out of my overlay. I think the fix for that one is to
>> change "AutoPtr" tp "UniquePtr" in
>> mythtv/libs/libmythmetadata/imagemetadata.cpp....though I'm not sure.
>>
>> If that's in fact what you're looking for let me know and I'll put
>> that together for sure!
>>
>> Thanks again.
>> Tom

> Actually, just in case, see the attached tar.gz. Note that the
> mythtv-29.1-osd-timeouts.patch patch isn't needed...that's just my
> preferred OSD timeouts. Thanks again!

> Tom

Thanks, I hadn't looked at it in portage for quite some time, but as
you seemed to suggest it is in there again I checked.
Quite some time ago the then maintainer stopped and mythtv was removed
from the tree. I haven't upgraded since as that would mean creating my
own ebuild. I have seen some ebuilds in private overlays but never
came around to any action.
But I now see that somebody has taken it up again.
But anyway thanks for the ebuild.

Tot mails,
  Hika                            mailto:hikavdh at gmail.com

"Zonder hoop kun je niet leven